There are few songwriters who have completely redefined the sound of pop music over the past decade quite like Benny Blanco has. Having initially signed Benny in 2007, it’s been inspiring to watch the influence he's had, and we are now delighted to reunite with his incredible song catalog.
A two-time GRAMMY Award winner and nine time nominee, Benny is responsible for selling over 100 million albums worldwide. He is also a three-time BMI Songwriter of the Year (2014, 2012, and 2011) and was a 2013 recipient of the Songwriter’s Hall of Fame Hal David Starlight Award.
"I’m grateful to have the chance to return to the place where my career started."
- Benny Blanco
Downtown will work with Benny to represent his catalog for songs created from inception through 2015. Some of the 15 #1 singles in this catalog include:
- Rihanna (“Diamonds”)
- Katy Perry (“Teenage Dream,” “California Gurls”)
- Maroon 5 (“Moves Like Jagger,” “Animals,” “Payphone”)
- Selena Gomez (“Same Old Love”)
- Taio Cruz (“Dynamite”)
- Ed Sheeran (“Don’t”)
- Ke$ha (“Die Young,” “Tik Tok,” “Your Love Is My Drug”)
- Iggy Azalea (“Black Widow” ft. Rita Ora)
Read the full story on Billboard.